Dec 2, 2012

Seasons On A Mac

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but I've been working quite a lot. Not only that, but the fact the Seasons turned out to be an epic failure for Mac users has almost turned me off playing completely. I was so excited about Seasons (and I still am) and I actually got it the day it was released. I only got to check out the new stuff and what not before reports of crashing, freezing and a slew of other issues started occurring on the Mac boards. Obviously a lot of Windows Simmers have issues as well, but as a Mac Simmer you have to deal with a whole set of issues related to that crappy wrapper Cider. I can only assume by EA's total silence on the matter that they realize what a poor decision it was to use Cider. 

Now, my game has been running fine for the most part, but in the last few months not so much - since the 1.38/1.39 patch I believe. That's when that effing "exception raised error" started popping up more frequently, as well as freezing or just crashing to desktop while saving. I play offline with nothing else running in the background, still these things keep happening. Bloody Cider. Build mode (I have a small island made for building where I build my lots) and CAS is working fine, so I am able to build and make Sims. All the issues are happening in live mode, at least for me. Which is why I haven't played my families in a while. Constantly saving and worrying about whether or not it will crash/freeze has just sucked all the fun out of playing for me.

Back to Seasons, so I haven't even tried to play my families since I installed it - even though I have a new town ready for them and everything. I just know it wont turn out well and so I can't be bothered - don't need the aggravation to be honest. But I do want to play, I miss my families and I so want to enjoy Seasons. Waiting around for EA to step up and make things right is not an option, I'd probably die of old age before that happens. And so I have decided to install Windows on Bootcamp. Don't want to, but I see no other way if I want to keep on playing. So I will do that soon and I'm hoping that will be a success. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Other than that, I have a couple of Sims and a make-over of an EA house in the works - so new uploads on the way soon.

Thank you for reading and have a great Sunday!

UPDATE:

So I just saw this status from the Sims 3 on Facebook:


I left a comment, I wonder how long it takes before they delete it -  you know they don't really like it when Mac users speak up: