Jul 25, 2011

To Patch Or Not To Patch

So a new patch is out. But as usual I'm waiting for my mods to be updated before I install it. You can read about the specific fixes HERE though. As a Mac user I'm most interested in these:


Mac Only: Toilets will no longer overflow when switching between floors of a house after the toilet has been booby trapped. 
Mac Only: Fixes a crash issue that occurs when opening the Options Menu after playing the game for a while.
Mac Only: Fixes a crash issue that occurs when opening the Scrapbook after playing the game for a while.
Mac Only: Fixes a crash issue that occurs when clicking the “Share Memories” button after playing the game for a while.




Does this mean that the "exception raised error" that so many Mac users have been experiencing (many have been unable to play) since the Gen. patch has been fixed? I've been quite lucky having only experienced that particular error a few times. And each time it happened after I had just saved, so for me it has just been a minor annoyance. Still, a fix is greatly needed for the many users who cannot play because of this.

I'd appreciate feedback on this new patch - from both Mac and Windows users.

Thank you!

UPDATE: Since this was posted I have now updated, installed Town Life and my CC/mods - no problems so far. But then I'm still running on Snow Leopard, I wont be upgrading to Lion until the NVIDIA 9400 bullshit is sorted out.